Tuesday 20 March 2012

Evaluation: Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute you media magazine and why?

I few reasons why I would want IPC to distribute may music magazine. They have published magazines to do with music before like men and music and NME, guitar and bass.  I would want IPC media to publish my magazine, this would be because looking at the music magazine they have produced in the future for example NME these are the target audience that also would be looking at my magazine. Also IPC is one of the most know distributers in the UK statistics say that 26million adults have read a magazine by IPC, which means by using them I know that they would publish my magazine well. There magazines vary in prices but a lot of the time they are pretty cheap this is because such a large company they are able to handle their money well, and advertise my magazine. They also sell over 350 million copies a year of their magazines each year. The methods of distribution I would want from IPC are firstly using the most common and normal way is in newsagents and supermarkets as this is where most people buy magazines, by having physical copies there makes it people to decide which magazine to buy as they can pick them up see what’s in the magazine have a flick through, I would put it lots of shops like local shops e.g. One Stop, Co-Op or WHSmith and then as well large supermarkets Asda, Morrison’s, Tesco and Sainsbury’s. This will be easier to reach all of my target audience. Shops full of large chains so by some shop distributing them means they could be all over the country this will make sure that many people will get a change or seeing and buying them. There is also a couple of other ways I would like to distribute my magazine is buy subscribing so they come through the post ever week with out having to go to the shop, as being a young person I know we are pretty lazy so by bring the magazine to them  this is a very effect way. Also I would like to put my magazine on the internet and iTunes this enables people to read it online and also be able to buy it and down load it to their phones, iPads, iPod ect ect. This suits the young generation very well, because there always on technology and want to know the most recent things going on as well a lot of people especially young people spend their time on the internet which makes it very modern and something my young audience would be interested in.  On the other hand by having it in shops  and on the internet could attract a wider audience, a different type of audience that maybe I would of originally guessed to like my magazine but in the end they do so I would be expanding my audience. I also think there is a gap in the market for a magazine like this its quite different to other magazine as Q is a little in to rock but a lot in to the mainstream stuff and NME is aimed at men, then there’s Kerrang which is very heavy metal and rock also Mojo which is about magazine that just seems to be aimed for men. My magazine is quite rocky but quite indie and acoustic folk, singer/songwriter too, and I haven’t see any other magazine which are like that that’s why I think there is a good gap in the market for my magazine. As research I also looked at other distribution companies if I wanted them to produce my magazine. Bauer publishes other music magazines such a Q, MoJo and Kerrang. All there are very popular magazines in the music industry. This is a large German publishing company, which has operated in 15 countries.  Here is the IPC website, it is just a link to where i found out some of my infomation http://www.ipcmedia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment